It’s bad or good, but the steepness of your progress in the gym will first of all be judged by the inflated arms. After all, they are the part that is almost always in sight. That’s why most of the young guys give their pumping sometimes too much attention. But it’s important not just to score the bittu with the boom lifts, but to know how to train properly and what exercises to hold in the gym at the gym.
What is important to know about training arms
If the arms were just to pump, then every second in the hall went with inflated banks. But in reality, everything is not so rosy. Even if the arms have impressive volumes, then often there is a discrepancy between the biceps and triceps. But let’s pay attention to those who train, but do not have large volumes of arms.
Rule number 1
Small muscle groups grow together with large (legs, chest, back). To come into the hall and train only arms is meaningless.
It is necessary to develop the entire body, while focusing on multi-joint exercises (squats, deadlifts, pull-ups and bench presses). It is possible that performing basic movements and not doing separate exercises on arms, they will still grow!
But this is not always possible. People with conventional genetics still better perform exercises aimed at working out the muscles of the arms. In this case, the training of the arms is combined with the training of a large muscle group. For example: legs + arms, chest + triceps, back + triceps, chest + biceps, back + triceps. Sometimes it is advisable to allocate arms on a single day.
Rule number 2
Pay less attention to isolating exercises. That is, in which all the load goes only to the target muscle. Insulation is certainly good, but only when used for pre-fatigue or in the second part of the training for pumping (pumping muscles with blood). The basis of training should be basic movements.
The lifting of the bar to the biceps is considered to be the basic exercise for the biceps, but by definition, only multi-joint movements can be considered basic. In fact, pull-ups are one of the most effective exercises for the arms.
Rule number 3
Do not neglect the training of the triceps. After all, it occupies 70% of the total volume of the hand. And the best basic exercises for him are push-ups on the uneven bars and the bench press is a narrow grip.
Rule number 4
Train the grip. The strength of the forearms and arms determines how much weight you can lift in this or that exercise.
See also: Can I train muscles every day?
Complexes of exercises on arms
Depending on sex and goals, the complexes can be modified. Therefore, consider the training options that meet these or other needs.
Complex for mass recruitment
Since large and strong arms are important for us, it is necessary to give them enough attention!
If the training of the biceps follows after the training of the back, then it is possible to use isolating exercises to “finish off” the biceps muscle of the shoulder. These can be the following exercises:
- Lifting the bar to the biceps – 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets or lifting the EZ bar to the biceps (see photos) – 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets.
- Hammers with dumbbells – 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets or lifting the bar to the biceps with a back grip – 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets.
Also in the complex on the back, you can include pulling back grip.
Complex exercises on the arms after training on the chest
Now another situation. You have trained your chest and want to complete a couple of triceps exercises. In this case, the basic movements will not have the proper effect, since the triceps will be already tired.
The training program can look like this:
- Extension of arms with a dumbbell sitting – 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets or a French press – 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets.
- Extensions on the block with a straight grip – 8-12 repetitions for 3-4 sets or extension on the block with a back grip – 8-12 repetitions for 3-4 sets.
A set of exercises for the arms, if for this is allocated a single day
But if you built your complex so that the arms train on a single day, for example, along with the shoulders or even separately. Alternatively, the training of the biceps follows the training of the chest, and the triceps after the back. Then you can give the arms the maximum load! Split is as follows:
- Push-ups on the uneven bars – 6-12 reps for 3-4 sets or bench press narrow grip – 6-12 reps for 3-4 sets.
- Extension of the dumbbells because of the head standing – 8-12 repetitions for 3-4 sets or extension of arms with a dumbbell sitting – 8-12 repetitions for 3-4 sets.
For biceps and brachialis:
- Pulling back grip – 6-12 repetitions for 3-4 sets or thrust of the vertical block on the biceps – 6-12 repetitions for 3-4 sets. I also recommend that you carefully study the article in which I talk about the different types of gripand muscles that they use.
- Lifting the bar to the biceps – 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets or lifting the EZ-bar to the biceps – 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets.
- Zittman’s bending with a dumbbell – 8-12 repetitions for 3-4 sets or flexing with a bar with a back grip – 8-12 repetitions for 3-4 sets.
Due to the peculiarities of the female musculature, the number of repetitions in each exercise can be increased to 10-15, and the number of sets reduced to 2-3. Since you do not need big hands – although they would be useful for dragging bags from a supermarket – one or two exercises will suffice. For example:
- Lifting the bar to the biceps – 10-15 reps for 2-3 sets or lifting the EZ-bar to the biceps – 10-15 reps for 2-3 sets.
- Bending of arms with dumbbells alternately – 10-15 repetitions for 2-3 sets.
- French press – 10-15 reps for 2-3 sets.
- Extension of arms on a vertical block – 10-15 repetitions for 2-3 sets.
Many ladies want to get rid of the flabbiness of the arms or the so-called wings. And immediately make a big mistake, beginning to focus on training arms. Although actually sagging skin is the result not only of muscle weakness, but also of the excess fat layer. And to remove it, you need energy-consuming exercises (basic), as well as cardio and a balanced diet.
Advice for girls is this: training arms when losing weight is better to include at the end of training and in small quantities.
Men during should leave in their arsenal all the basic movements on their arms and a pair of insulating. Such training is necessary for maintaining muscle mass intact and intact.
So, we found out that the biceps, like any other muscle, loves basic movements. But in order to fill the muscles properly with blood, it is worth adding 1-2 isolating movements at the end of the workout, performing the latest approaches in the style of “pumping” (low weight and work to failure in a continuous slow pace).
Girls should perform more repetitions in the set, since you have more slow muscle fibers.
On this I have everything. Subscribe to the updates of articles and share useful information with friends on social networks.